NAPE Summit is celebrating its 30th anniversary with more networking, learning, and deals. The expo will offer numerous opportunities to do business in the oil, gas, and renewable energy sectors.
In addition to the return of the Renewable Energy Pavilion, the NAPE 2023 Summit debuts the Bitcoin Mining Pavilion on the show floor. Both will host educational sessions and prospecting previews.
Dealmaker is a member of the Houston Police Department’s Horse Patrol Unit and sponsored by NAPE. He is a 6-year-old gray roan quarter horse acquired from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison system, where he began his training with inmates. Veteran officer Randy Myrick, head trainer for the Houston Police Department’s Mounted Patrol Unit, rides him.
The exhibition will feature more than 450 exhibitors, including oil majors, independent companies, renewable energy companies, financial institutions, and service providers. All of them are ready to connect, reconnect, and close deals. During the show, they will present oil and gas, renewable energy, and bitcoin projects.
Since 2009, NAPE has donated more than $5.25 million through the NAPE Charities event. This event supports non-profit organizations which support America’s veterans. This year’s recipients will be PenFed Foundation, RAW (Rebuilding America’s Warriors), and TADSAW (Train a Dog – Save a Warrior).
The keynote speaker will be former Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, who has a distinguished career as a visionary leader, innovator, reformer, and change agent.
Alex Epstein, keynote speaker
Energy expert and bestselling author Alex Epstein will be the keynote speaker at the Expo buffet luncheon.
Epstein, author of Fossil Future and The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels, said: “I hope my presentation will enable members of the oil and gas sector to appreciate further what they do and how to communicate it to others. While the industry does a great job teaching its employees how to produce value, it doesn’t do as well teaching its employees how to understand the full value of what they produce and how to talk about it.”
Renewable Energy Pavilion
The Renewable Energy Pavilion dedicates the space to sponsors, exhibitors, and attendees who work in the renewable energy sector.
The REP will host the following educational sessions:
- Investing in Renewables-Becky Diffen, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP:
This presentation will discuss trends and challenges in the acquisition and financing of renewable energy projects and companies. As well as the latest platform deals and commentary on the future of renewable energy investment.
- Renewables: Not the first Texas rodeo-Marcelo Ortega, senior renewable energy analyst, Rystad Energy: Texas is best known as the oil and gas capital of the United States. This often brands the state as a polluter and a laggard in the energy transition when, in fact, Texas is a national leader in renewables.
- Opposites attract: how oil and gas and renewables and storage are a perfect match-Danielle Garbien, partner, Bracewell LLP: Oil and gas producers are uniquely positioned to use battery storage and renewable technologies to power their operations at all oil and gas recovery stages.
- Tax equity financing in the post-IRA world-Jim Cole, transactional tax partner, Latham & Watkins LLP: Cole will address the impact of the new IRA on tax incentives for wind, solar, hydrogen, and other clean energy projects.
Bitcoin Mining Pavilion
The Bitcoin Mining Pavilion will be new to the show and will include education, exhibitors, and company presentations, showcasing technology and investment opportunities. They will give oil and gas professionals opportunities to establish partnerships. And explore incorporating this tool into an effective asset management strategy. They will discuss the following topics:
- Bitcoin Mining: Monetizing Stalled Gas and Alternatives to Flaring-Brent Whitehead, co-founder, Giga Energy:
Whitehead will provide an overview of bitcoin mining and explain how bitcoin and flared gas collide. And why bitcoin is the best solution to flaring.
- Bitcoin Mining: The Wildcatter Spirit Lives On-Gideon Powell, president and CEO of Cholla Inc:
Bitcoin mining and oil and gas exploitation are similar businesses. They involve significant capital investment, are cyclical, and involve substantial risk mitigation tools.
- Large-format digital flaring mitigation: Eliminating spreading through computation at scale-Cully Cavness, co-founder, president, and COO of Crusoe Energy Systems:
This discussion will cover how digital flare mitigation has rapidly evolved from a fringe concept to an integrated gas capture. And ESG strategy for a growing number of private and public operators.
Women in Energy
The conference will feature a discussion on leadership lessons. A panel of women leaders in the energy sector will share their experiences, advice, and wisdom.
It can be of your interest: Diesel Technology Forum stated the Environmental Protection Agency’s announcement